The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program of Pokhara University aims to provide students with foundational knowledge and practical skills in various areas of business administration. It also intends to develop intellectual ability and managerial skills in students through business and other social science courses. Besides, the program helps the students to develop proper attitudes and qualities required for managing business functions.
The BBA is a four-year program structured in eight semesters. A student needs to complete 120 credit hours of course work, project work and internship for graduation.
Besides lectures, the classes are facilitated by case studies, group discussions, project assignments, field visits, class presentations and other teaching methods. In order to develop communication and interpersonal skills, students are emphasized to participate in class activities, group discussions and individual presentations.
The medium of instruction and examination for this program will be English, and a student is expected to have good English language proficiency with acceptable communication skills.
Entry Requirements and Admission Procedures
The entry requirement for a new student in BBA will be Intermediate or Higher Secondary level (10+2) or Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL), or equivalent as recognized by Pokhara University. In addition, the student must pass the entrance test conducted by the concerned college.
The applicant is required to submit the following documents with the application form made available by the concerned college/school by paying a predetermined fee:
- Completed and signed BBA application form
- Official transcripts from the academic institutions previously attended.
- Certificates of all degrees should be photocopied and submitted with proper attestation. Enrolment is conditional upon completion of all admission formalities including payment of all fees as determined by the college. Incomplete applications shall not be processed.
- have a sound knowledge and proper conceptual underpinnings of business management,
- are well acquainted with the broad contexts of business organizations in Nepal and outside,
- possess analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills,
- possess the ability to use electronic media and computers to solve organizational problems,
- have the ability to work in teams and individually, and
- have awareness of the environmental factors, social/functional relationships, and ethical standards that affect business and administrative decisions within an organization.
A notice inviting applications for admission is publicly announced. Application forms and information brochures are provided, on request, after the payment of the prescribed fee.
The concerned college scrutinizes the application. The eligible candidates are informed to take the entrance test. The date and time for the entrance test are informed to the applicants by the concerned colleges. The college may also interview the candidates for the final selection for admission.
The candidates who are given provisional admission under special conditions are required to submit all necessary documents within a month after their regular classes begin. A student who fails to do so will have his/her admission cancelled.
A student must attend every lecture, tutorial, seminar and practical class. However, to accommodate for late registration, sickness and other contingencies, the attendance requirements will be a minimum of 80% of the classes actually held. If a student is absent in the class for more than four weeks without the permission of the concerned authority, his/her name will be removed from the college roll.
Normal and Maximum Duration of Study
The duration for the completion of the program is as follows:
- Normal duration: 4 Years (8 Semesters)
- Maximum Duration: 8 Years
A full-time student has to take a minimum of 12 credits.
For graduation a student should:
- earn at least a ‘D’ grade in each course as specified in the grading system section,
- complete the internship with ‘Pass’ grade,
- complete all the courses, project work and internship as specified in the curricular structure section within the maximum time period mentioned in the duration of study section,
- maintain at least 2 CGPA.
Distinction and Dean’s List
A student who obtains 3.6 CGPA or above will receive the BBA degree with distinction. The Dean’s list recognizes outstanding academic performances in the FMS. To qualify, a student must have 3.7 CGPA or above.
Semester ITotal Credits : 15
- English I 3 hrs
- Business Mathematics I 3 hrs
- Financial Accounting I 3 hrs
- Principles of Managements 3 hrs
- Computer and IT Application 3 hrs
Semester IITotal Credits : 15
- English II 3 hrs
- Business Mathematics II 3 hrs
- Financial Accounting II 3 hrs
- General Psychology 3 hrs
- Introductory Microeconomics 3 hrs
Semester IIITotal Credits : 15
- Business Communication I 3 hrs
- Business Statistics 3 hrs
- Essential of Finance 3 hrs
- Fundamentals of Sociology 3 hrs
- Introductory Macroeconomics 3 hrs
Semester IVTotal Credits : 15
- Business Communication II 3 hrs
- Data Analysis and Modeling 3 hrs
- Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior 3 hrs
- Principle of Marketing 3 hrs
- Financial Management 3 hrs
Semester VTotal Credits : 12
- Basics of Managerial Accounting 3 hrs
- Business Research Methods 3 hrs
- Management of Human Resources 3 hrs
- Fundamentals of Operations Management 3 hrs
- Concentration I 3 hrs
Semester VITotal Credits : 12
- Introduction to Management Information System 3 hrs
- Legal Aspect of Business and Technology 3 hrs
- Business and Society 3 hrs
- Project Work 3 hrs
- Concentration II 3 hrs
Semester VIITotal Credits : 15
- Basic of Managerial Accounting 3 hrs
- Business Research Method 3 hrs
- Management of Human Resource 3 hrs
- Fundamentals of Operations Management 3 hrs
- Concentration III 3 hrs
Semester VIIITotal Credits : 15
- Strategic Management 3 hrs
- Introduction to International Business 3 hrs
- Essential of E-Business 3 hrs
- Elective II 3 hrs
- Concentration IV 3 hrs
BBA graduates are trained in a variety of skills and hence can take up career opportunities in a number of areas in the private as well as government sector. Given below are some common areas of employment after BBA:
- Banks, Financial Services and Insurance Sector
- Sales and Marketing
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Tourism Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Consultant
- Investment Banking
- Information Technology
- Government Jobs
- 4 years
- 10+2 / PCL / Any other equivalent degree